WHERE DO I START?
First of all contact the club. There are many opportunities throughout the year for beginners to try golf and join in lessons. Give the club a ring and they will point you in the right direction. Tel 0161 432 2134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1 – Take some lessons
- At Heaton Moor Golf Club we offer coaching on a one to one basis and in group sessions
- You don’t need any equipment to start playing as we will provide it for you
GROUP COACHING LESSONS are with Dave Cullen
STEP 2 – Practice
- Go to a driving range and practice hitting the ball
- If you have a back garden practice chipping the ball (maybe with plastic balls though!)
STEP 3 – Beginners Academy
- If you are a complete novice or not played for a long time why not join our Beginners Academy. The Academy offers playing and coaching sessions combined to help you achieve your goal for £50pcm. There are 2 group sessions and one individual coaching session a month combined with permission to play the front 9 holes this is the perfect way to get into golf. Contact email@example.com for the application form.
STEP 4 – Membership
We have many types of membership to suit all pockets. You can even pay monthly, like a gym membership. You can view our membership fees here https://www.heatonmoorgolfclub.co.uk/memberships/
WHAT DO I NEED TO BUY:-
Clubs – Once you have decided to take up golf you will want to buy some clubs. There is no need to rush out and buy a set of Ping golf clubs! Our Club Pro Simon Marsh is very experienced with new members and sells new and second hand clubs. You don’t need a full set of clubs. He lets you try them out on the course before you buy to see if you like them. He will offer you good advice and let you buy one club at a time, if you want.
Shoes – The Pro shop do a good range of golf shoes and you can also buy shoes online or at local stores like Decathlon.
Golf Bag – Again the Pro shop or you could buy second hand online
The Pro shop is very well stocked so pop in and have a look around.